Anxiety- How does it really feel?

Anxiety:-
; A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome.

Anxiety is surely not a new word to any of us out here. We've heard it everywhere, the same word carrying different meanings for different people out there. For a family member, it's not knowing why their loved one is not back home yet or why haven' they received their paycheck yet. For a working person, it's the stress of their work or the uneasiness of a last-minute presentation. I don't understand any of what was mentioned above, but I do understand what it feels like for a student and a 15-year-old.

When you get into school, I think the concept of anxiety just starts sticking with everyone. You just automatically start feeling this heavy burden on you all the time which feels never-ending. Everyone expects you to be at your best all the time and show you like some stereotypical precious kid that you don't want to ever be, but other people want you to become. People pressurize you into so many things and at one point it just becomes so hard to even breathe. The most bullshit thing I've ever heard in my life is "topper student". Like who gave a person this title? Just because they answer in class? Just because they get good grades? Just because they're good at like, everything? Only the students who are not labeled as "toppers" know how it feels to listen to a kid being praised all the time for being what? smarter than others. I've met so many good achievers in my entire life but oh my god, some of them have this kind of attitude where they think that scoring good gets them to the top of the world. If someone is trying, please let that person try once. Let them get it wrong. Let them give the stupidest answer ever, but let them try. Interrupting them in between to state your point is the rudest thing ever. It honestly gets so exhausting to listen to the same 3 kids speak all the time. It makes you feel so extremely dumb and you just start losing whatever little hope and belief you had in yourself. 

Something very common again is assignments. I honestly don't know what people start feeling when kids get in like high school. It doesn't increase like our capability or something to handle 50 assignments a day. I finished with my exams on September 6 and I had just started relaxing for a while when I got a text from my school saying they wanted some activity assignments on the 7th. Why? You completely drained us with exams and now you want us to work day and night again for this. And it doesn't even end there, we still have to do like 5 activities every day. (it especially sucks when you have non-cooperative group members.)

That's all I had for students. Honestly, there's so much more I want to say and describe but there are things that you can only feel and not express. There's not much when it comes separately to a teen's life unless it's a special case regarding family or anything else. I won't write on that because I don't want to upset anyone with wrong views as I've never experienced anything like that (and hopefully never will.)
But something that I do wanna talk about is normalizing mental health issues. This is a very common topic and a lot of people will say that "Oh she's here to talk about the same thing and raise some kind of awareness." No. I've always heard people say these things;
"Oh get over it, it's nothing!"
"What are you talking about? There's nothing such as anxiety."
"Handle yourself."
It's not "nothing" and it never will be. A person's life can get completely destroyed with this. To anyone saying this, do you have any idea how many people develop mental health problems with this? Do you know that the percentage of people suffering from this awful thing has developed so many different kinds of anxieties that haven't even been identified by professionals? Please, please, and please think before you speak. It completely destroys a person from the inside. Makes them think unworthy of themselves which is the most horrible thing ever. 

For anyone who's going through anxiety, I saw this method on easing it which actually really helps- Close your eyes for a minute, then imagine your younger self running towards you, smiling and laughing heartily and they give you a very much needed hug. Do it for as long as you want. Helps every time :)

That's all I have for this blog. This was a long one, my laptop definitely needs some rest lol. I hope you liked reading this and related to this as much as I did x.
Good day/night everyone, remember to stay hydrated and happy <3
(sorry these are kinda dark-ish, that's all I could find)

**Images I've used in this blog are NOT mine. These have been taken from Pinterest and I have no claim on them whatsoever. But, the content that has been written is mine. NO PLAGIARISM IS ACCEPTED AT ALL. If I see my blog being published somewhere else without my watermark or permission, I won't hesitate to report you. Please be considerate, thank you.**

Ilaria :) ©️






Comments

  1. If this isn't true idk what is

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so relatable��..Keep Going❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazingly written. Anxiety is a horribke thing for anyone to have to go through, thank you gor bringing light to this topic so beautifully 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you on this Twinkle! You're extremely sweet, thank you for the immense support :)

      Delete
  4. Uh explained it so well girl!!! People rarely talk about this issue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woww girlie, that topper student's part bruh that's relatable that hurts alot. The way uh express everything, with that u gonna rock the world girl just with your words.

    I wish I was as creative as u. Ily🫂❤✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does I can absolutely relate :( And I'm so extremely glad that you like the way I express things! I'm sure you're just as creative, maybe even more 😉 Love you tons <33

      Delete
  6. I love your writing!!! ❤❤I love how you express your views and you take up the most relatable and the most needed topics 😘
    Keep it up ❤
    WAITING FOR MORE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much to whoever this is!! Your support means the world to me and I hope you stick around cuz there's more coming out sooner than you think! 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment