Grief- How consuming can it really get?

Grief, /ɡriːf/
; intense sorrow, especially caused by losing someone or something.

Grief is something which can consume you to the core. Everyone is capable of grieving. You grieve for materialistic or non- materialistic things. You may grief for a special someone, a family member, something as small as a soft toy. But the soft toy was close to your heart and losing it feels horrible. 

As the name suggests, how consuming can grief really get? Some days, a month, few months, an year, five years or ten years? The thing is, grief doesn't have boundaries. Even though your eyes won't be capable of crying anymore, it will still make you cry when you'll think of that certain someone or something. 

Grieving is not a bad thing. Grieve for however long you want. I've heard people saying, "Oh get over it, it's been MONTHS." NO, that's not how it works. People who've lost a thing or a person when they were pretty young may or may not grieve a lot since they may remember close to nothing. But everyone makes memories with everyone in their life and it's very hard to lose a person who you made memories with and were expecting to make more.

In my opinion and from what I've seen and experienced, people think of it in two ways. First, suppose a person X lost their parent when X was a teenager. X will grieve of the fact that the parent won't see them graduate or make memories with their friends and family or see them get married and just living life in general. But there's a second way in which people cope up. X's parent was fighting for so long to live a peaceful life in this absolute cruel world. They were almost giving up and god saw how weak they were getting so they decided it was time.

If you're grieving for something or someone, I'm so sorry for your loss and I'll pray that you get through this undefeated. I try to think of it this way, the person is finally attaining the peace they deserve and they're in a better place now. 

"It's never a goodbye, it's always a see you soon."

"I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you."~ Lord Huron.

Thank you for taking your time out to read this small piece of work I wrote. I hope you have a great day/night x.

~Until we meet again.

**Images I've used in this blog are NOT mine. These have been taken from pinterest and I have no claim on them whatsoever. But the content that has been written is mine. NO PLAGARISM IS ACCEPTED AT ALL. If I see my blog being published somewhere else without my watermark or permission, I won't hesitate reporting you. Please be considerate, thank you.**

Ilaria :) ©️

Comments

  1. This was a really nice work and your examples are great keep writing I love reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I see your comment in my posts and it makes me so glad that you're a constant! Hope I can make you stick around :)

      Delete
  2. wow making me really sad out here huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really gud work of writing !!! Uh explained it really very well...keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Nehal! I'm glad you like my work xx

      Delete
  4. Beautifully written and so well expressed. All of us face grief at some point but articles like this one make us feel like we're not alone and that everyone goes through those bleary times. Amazing ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so so true!! And I'm content that my blogs can give some kind of feeling to the people suffering. Thank you Twinkle xx

      Delete
  5. Fab writing...Looking forward for more such amazing articles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl!! x Hope you stick around for more :)

      Delete
  6. Fab Writing..Looking forward for more amazing write ups..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment