Battling Quarantine: From a teen's perspective

Quarantine
; A quarantine is a restriction on the movement of people, animals and goods which is intended to prevent the spread of disease or pests in air.

Quarantine has probably been one of the most talked about yet a sensitive topic for everyone around the globe. Thinking about it, some people tried to take it in a positive way while many people people faced the negative aspects of it. Covid affected everyone in every single way possible. People lost their jobs, their lives, their loved ones, their property and so much more one can only imagine. We learnt a lot of things, some good some bad. 

Writing this was a pretty hard job being honest. Every person felt differently during this time and it felt very conflicting to cover every person's point of view. Something that I really saw deteriorating was human mental health. People developed syndromes, anxiety, depression, panic and a lot other things. No social interaction developed social anxiety and made people think twice before meeting someone they've known for years. Panic attacks and anxiety attacks became common and teens had to struggle to keep up with everything going on. Something that I did find a little better in this situation was that these things were not being normalized anymore. Living in a country where mental health is considered non existent or as a joke, its really warming to see people giving it more importance and taking up steps to improve it.

When we first went for this quarantine thing, I remember all of us thinking that it was just a matter of 2 weeks but now, it's been 2 years and we're still stuck in here. If I had to describe Quarantine in one phrase, I would definitely call it as being stuck in an endless time loop which you feel that you'll never get out of. Something that I adored developing was my habit of reading. I've been a crazy bookworm since I was a kid and getting the chance to develop this habit was like a blessing in disguise honestly. I read a LOT of books and novels, wrote book reviews and posted them online. Even social media was a crazy place to be on. I'll describe more about social media in another blog sometime in the future but to be brief, spending time was not the best there. Even though you try to avoid it, there's always a lot of online hate present there which is unbearable at times for people. I'd like to call myself lucky to not face anything as such but I felt horrible for those who really suffered. 

Another thing that I noticed was friendship breakups. Having experienced some myself, it's crazy to see people lose their minds when they lose a best friend or just a close friend in general. My mom always tells me that the people you lost were never the real ones, didn't value your friendship and didn't deserve you and somehow, this always kept me going. But like they always say, everything happens for a reason. I found the best group of friends I ever could and they make me happy like no one else ever could. They give me that kind of feeling where your gut says "Don't lose them, these are the forever ones."

I would love to talk more about how messed up our sleep schedules have become but I think that'll become a story for another time :D

Found this really good playlist on spotify, do listen to it sometime- Spotify link

Thank you for reading my work, I really appreciate the immense support my blogs get x.

Until we meet again.
~Ilaria :)

(sorry I don't watch anime this is just a pic I found cool lol) 

**Images I've used in this blog are NOT mine. These have been taken from pinterest and I have no claim on them whatsoever. But, the content that has been written is mine. NO PLAGARISM IS ACCEPTED AT ALL. If I see my blog being published somewhere else without my watermark or permission, I won't hesitate reporting you. Please be considerate, thank you.**

Ilaria :) ©️


Comments

  1. Girl uh explained it so well ... keep going,it's rare cuz only some people talk about the quarantine & lockdown period honestly ... and amazingly uh r one of them !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're so sweet thank you do much for your immense support xx

      Delete
  2. This is amazing, and I'm glad you're doing well with your group! I hopd we all overcome this situation soon ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're doing good too!! Remember, it will all get better soon <3

      Delete
  3. Ms. Ilaria
    I Love ur blogs extremely🖤✨
    even ILY 😉💝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Mim♡ who doesn't love an extremely sweet person like you 💗

      Delete
  4. This was extremely relatable atleast for me and you've portrayed it so well! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was relatable that's something a blogger definitely focuses on!! <3

      Delete
  5. Teenagers anxieties during the quarantine and their ways to cope with them - expressed so well! Great effort dear Ilaria! Keep up the good work 😊❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm so happy you liked it ♥️

      Delete

Post a Comment