Does it really matter how we look?

Beauty Standards:-

; An extremely clique level of how beautiful we have to look made by mankind to judge men, women, and others. 


This is a very common topic to speak on yet it's very important to address. I'm pretty sure every single person has heard a comment about themselves or has heard someone else comment on how a person looks. Beauty standards can be addressed in multiple ways some of them being- how slim a person is, how fair they look, how petite are their thighs or if they have acne on their skin or not, and many more. 


Everyone has a different deciding factor on how beautiful a person is. A flaw for one may be perfect for others. Speaking from what I've thought, there's no particular definition of beauty. Why is it so important to judge someone just because of how they were made? I'm not encouraging that you become an unhealthy person and then aggressively start campaigning that "You should accept me the way I am." But I've seen people who were BORN with those inabilities being poorly judged by a bunch of morons. It's not their fault that they were either genetically born with it or just couldn't get past it when they were young. The craziest part being, people think that THEY are the ones who are allowed to judge someone. I don't remember you being appointed as the king or the dictator of judging someone based on how they look.


I was watching this video yesterday where I saw Selena Gomez and Camila Cabello being body-shamed by the internet. Some old photos of them were released (separately) on Twitter and the comments were disgusting. 

"Why does she look 90?"

"Help she's BIG big."

"She looks like a mother of 3 kids aged 45."

"Remember the time when she was pretty?"

"I would not go out if I looked like THAT."


It's so disturbing to watch people judging these amazing and talented singers. Camila even said in an interview that she had gained covid weight just like most people and she wasn't ashamed of it and I completely agree with her. Our lives were completely turned upside down during this period and not everyone stayed the SAME. She's here on the internet for her MUSIC. She's called a singer or a music artist for a reason and that reason doesn't include you BODY SHAMING her. Talking about examples, let's talk about Winnie Harlow then. She's a worldwide and one of the highest-paid models in the industry. Keeping aside all the problematic things she's done, she mustered up the courage to stand in front of millions even with her skin condition and look at her now. She gets negative comments to this day and it doesn't faze her from her career. 


One of the things that I hate is advertisements for cosmetics like facewash or something else. You will never miss the fact that the person being advertised is ALWAYS white or extremely fair. They never showcase black people as if letting them participate in some kind of sin. Another thing that I hate concerning this topic is people on TikTok. Some tiktokers have extremely young viewers and the fact that they get surgeries to get their ribs removed to look more "petite" is setting such a wrong example on these viewers. You are setting this kind of beauty standard in the society where you will look more appealing to these young viewers and then look like you, they'll get these dangerous surgeries done. There are two sides to a coin. It's either "you are perfect just the way you are" or "I have to change. I wanna fit in too." And the fact that society is setting an example for people to choose the latter is horrifying. If you feel like getting surgery will make you more comfortable in your own body, do it but if you're a famous personality, don't be so public about your changes on social media. It doesn't only affect the mind of young viewers but also sets this another bar of much much higher beauty standards.


Feeling uncomfortable in your skin is a very common thing not only between teenagers but people of all age groups. From what I've experienced on social media and in my social group some of the things you can do to get your body to however you wanna make it look like are:-


1. Drink lots and lots of water- Keeping yourself hydrated is very important. It not only helps in the detoxification of unneeded toxins in your body but also helps in keeping you in shape.


2. Go for some physical exercise- You can go for anything you want. Skipping, Running, Jogging, Walking, Zumba, or just general exercises. Keep stretching here to there and take frequent breaks between your work.


3. Get a good amount of sleep- If you're a person who can sit for even 8 hours straight without interruption and if you just have a hectic schedule, do sleep for a proper of at least 8 hours. You can even divide the time, take a quick 1-hour nap during the afternoon period and then go for a good 7-hour nap at night. 


4. Keep your diet healthy- Instead of dieting and not eating anything or eating less than what your body requires, go for some healthy food. If you're a foodie and can't resist some good old street food (I know I can't) try to eat it maybe only once a week. A lot of junk food affects your body a lot including smoking/alcohol. Go for any fruit at least once every day.


I'm technically just a 15 year old so obviously, I don't know as much as other people but this is all I've heard about and would like to suggest for anyone who wants to change their body. 


If you're someone whose body shamed someone in the past, please try to stop this habit and if possible, apologize to the other person. Body shaming in any way completely breaks a person on the inside and makes them insecure about something they have to live with till their last breath.


That's all I'd like to write about today. I have exams soon and a lot of assignments and practice to do so I don't update a lot nowadays, please deal with it :D I know this is kinda short but this took me almost a week to write. I only open Blogger to write when I'm extremely free, I usually sit on my bed all day studying or reading novels lol. 

Anywho, have a great day or night everyone! xx

(Also, y'all have no barriers, if you want me to write on any topic, please request freely in the comments, I'll most definitely think about it :)

Random fact- I've been looking up BTS a lot lately lol they're genuinely really good artists and I enjoy their music. Honestly have no idea why people call them overrated/overhyped. I have some friends who love BTS way too much and some friends who dislike them way too much haha. Ok ok, I'll sign off now too much randomness for today.

You're loved <3


**Images I've used in this blog are NOT mine. These have been taken from pinterest and I have no claim on them whatsoever. But, the content that has been written is mine. NO PLAGARISM IS ACCEPTED AT ALL. If I see my blog being published somewhere else without my watermark or permission, I won't hesitate reporting you. Please be considerate, thank you.**


Ilaria :) ©️



Comments

  1. This is AMAZING! I'm glad you used your platform to talk about this. It's so unhealthy for 10-11 year olds to be wondering if they're 'too fat' or 'too skinny' among other insecurities. This content in general should not be put out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely and absolutely agree with you on this Twinkle! Their minds don't even completely develop when they start thinking about their bodies as if it's something that they need to shape again and again to prove perfection. Thank you for you support! x

      Delete
  2. Yeah uh r right,we all r beautiful in different ways,no one shud be judge and no one shud judge ... its just the narrow minded thinking of people who think pretty means fair skin,having no acne,having a perfect body shape and wht not.... beauty is when uh believe in urself and not compare urself with anyone !!!
    WELL WRITTEN ILARIA������
    KEEP WRITING ����
    UH DID A GR8 JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound so mature here Nehal!! I agree with your views! Thank you for the support <3

      Delete
  3. Ooo babe
    ur blogs... ahhhh their growthhh
    LOVE ITT!!

    All the best for your exams and waiting for a new blog. πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it isn't my favorite commenter πŸ˜™ Thank you bb and you'll get one very very soon so look out for that πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  4. This was a great topic you picked and honestly you’ve explained in a great manner, I’m sure many people have faced this horrible thing but reading your piece felt great and I hope people get some sense and stop doing all this!
    P.s- keep writing love to read your work and all the best for your exams and also I too am in to bts now they’re great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the wise words Asshley22!! I hope you stick around for long, I really enjoy reading your comments! 😘

      Delete

Post a Comment